5 Ways to Reduce your Plastic Household Waste
So you may not have a 3D printer (see previous blog) to produce art pieces from plastic bottles but there are certainly other amusing and fun ways to reduce and recycle your plastic household waste.
Here are 5 ways you could recycle plastic bottles at home
- Lightshades – made from bottle ends and combining these with other plastic items like plastic spoons you can make wonderful lamp and lightshades that are stylish and beautiful. Who would have thought!
- Plant holders – you may be thinking this is not a new idea, as the garden has always been a great place to recycle plastic for plants and that is true but ideas have moved on and the internet has many exciting and visually great new ways to use your plastic in the garden.
- Organisers – whether it is for pencils, pens and nails, recycled large milk containers are really great ways to organise and recycle in the home.
- Curtains – yes, beautiful net like screens and curtains can be designed and made with the bottom of plastic bottles – a great craft project for the family.
- Bird feeders – expensive to buy, easy to make!
Green Kitchen Caddy – Don’t forget about your Food Waste
We have talked a lot about reducing household waste but don’t forget about recycling food waste at home either. A kitchen caddy is an easy and great place to start recycling your food waste and if you have space for a food digester and composter like the Green Cone and Green Johanna, this will dramatically reduce food waste going to landfills.