The Green Johanna is a top-performing hot composter that turns food waste - including cooked food, meat, fish and dairy - and garden waste into quality compost within months.
Designed in Sweden and made in the UK from 100% recycled plastic, it has an expected lifespan of 10 years or more.
- The Green Johanna has been recommended as a Star Buy in Gardeners’ World magazine in 2021, 2022 and 2023.
- Patented airflow and ventilation systems help to create ideal conditions for a busy eco-system of worms, insects and micro-organisms to digest waste.
- Enclosed unit with integrated base plate allows easy access to worms and micro-organisms while deterring rodents.
- Secure, twistable lid regulates the ventilation system to adjust air circulation.
- Two secure sliding hatches mean finished compost is easy to access but won’t leak out before you need it.
- To maintain composting performance in cold weather and promote year-round hot composting temperatures the use of an Insulating Jacket is recommended. Green Johanna Insulating Jacket
- Best placed on a flat patch of soil or grass.
- One Johanna is designed to cope with the average food waste of a household of five and compostable waste from an average garden.
- In the first year it may take 6-8 months to get your first batch of compost. After that it should take 4-6 months.
- Fully guaranteed for five years.
- Aerating stick also supplied. Made from 100% recycled plastic (may differ from images on the website and elsewhere).
If bones are added to the Johanna they will not be broken down so it would be necessary to remove stripped-down bones from the finished compost. For this reason we do not recommend that bones are added.